Monday, November 25, 2013

George Barris' 88th Birthday Party!

Today was a day that I've been looking forward to! We were invited to George Barris' birthday party, the King of Kustoms himself. A year ago, back in freezing Norway, I never thought I would be a part of this. But pinch my arm, dang it's real!!

Bill Hines called Brad the evening before and asked if he could meet us at the show, so he could tag along with us up to North Hollywod. Here he is with his wicked Lil Bat!

That car is actually quite neat to see drive in the streets!

And there we were!
Here's Piero and Brett

Jack Stewart & Gene Winfield.


George got a new car! "Is that for me?"

"Hm, what is that? A Volkswagen?"

"I like it!!"

"Now bring the babes!"
"Man, that guy gets all the chicks.."

George & Marilyn Monroe reunited again!

Meanwhile, I hooked up with famous NASCAR legend Linda Vaughn. Her car did not start, so I lend a helping hand.

Yeah, this is how she looked like back in the days.

Proud of all the things this man has done to the Kustom world. It is people like him that has inspired me to do what I am doing, travelling half the world around to live in the shop where he once operated the worlds most famous Kustom shop.

And this is the fellow from the Munsters!

This Chopit Chevy has nice proportions.











No comments:

Post a Comment